For flavour and pure enjoyment a Grass-fed wagyu burger cannot be beaten. Regarded as the king of burgers amongst aficionados the Grass-fed Wagyu burger can be served at anywhere, anytime. Remember to cook the patties on a high heat and quickly, this will help retain their juicyness and keep them full of flavour and tender..
4 Grass-fed Wagyu burger patties
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
2 Tbsp water
½ tsp sugar
2 Tbsp sliced fresh red chilli
½ cup sliced red radish
2 Tbsp rice bran oil
4 soft bap style burger buns
4 lettuce leaves
2 vine ripened tomatoes, sliced
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
2 Tbsp onion jam
- Make the pickles first by heating vinegar, water and sugar in a small saucepan. Add chilli and radish then remove from heat. These can be made in advance, keep well covered in the fridge.
- Lightly season the patties with salt on both sides then brush lightly with oil.
- Char-grill the patties on a very hot BBQ or cook them in a frypan until brown and caramelised on the outside.
- Turn over only once and cook the other side until brown.
- Take patties off as soon as they have almost reached the desired cooking degree (medium rare to medium is ideal).
- Lightly toast burger buns over the char-grill.
- Spread mayonnaise on buns, top with lettuce, tomato and pattie.
- Spread on a spoonful of onion jam then finish with red radish chilli pickles.Reference:https://www.firstlight.farm/grass-fed-wagyu/wagyu-recipes/first-light-grass-fed-wagyu-burger-with-red/